Chicago, IL – Permanent, Full Time
Due to our dynamic and growing nature of our business, the successful candidate for the Financial Analyst career opportunity must be able to learn quickly and excel in this current role, and demonstrate potential to take on increasing levels of responsibility and autonomy.
Working in a team environment, and operating with guidance and direction from the Director of Finance, US Region, the responsibilities of the Financial Analyst will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performing month end financial close activities (e.g. preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, supporting schedules and summaries, etc.);
- Investigation and resolution of financial issues and business process issues;
- Performing monthly in-depth actual vs. budget variance analysis of revenue and expense accounts with narratives documenting risks and opportunities;
- Working together with the operations and other members of the Finance team to prepare the annual budget and quarterly forecasts, and on other planning exercises;
- Building financial reports and models to assist with financial analysis;
- Learning JD Edwards thoroughly, and using the system to support all finance functions;
- Performing monthly analysis to ensure data accuracy in the system;
- Developing functional specification documentation to support system efficiency;
- Preparing supporting schedules and documentation for internal and external audits;
- Participating in the development and monitoring of processes to increase efficiency within the team;
- Collaborating across the organization including with other teams within finance and the Employee Support Solutions line of business to resolve issues and complete requests;
- Assisting in various special projects, ad-hoc assignments, and other tasks as required.
Succeeding as the Financial Analyst will require the following core qualifications and skills:
- Post-secondary education in Finance, Accounting, or a related field preferred;
- Completion of/current enrollment in Accounting designation;
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience;
- Solid understanding of Finance business processes and transaction cycles;
- Full proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including intermediate/advanced skill with Excel;
- Experience with JD Edwards or other large enterprise systems preferred;
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving capability;
- Proven track record of adaptability, versatility, and providing solutions-oriented client service;
- Dedicated team player who demonstrates initiative, independence, and observes the corporate values of Morneau Shepell.
Morneau Shepell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to hire without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sex, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.
We are thankful for your interest, but unfortunately, we can only personally connect with those selected for an interview.
Morneau Shepell is a multinational company, leading the way in consulting and outsourcing by taking an integrative approach to health, benefits, retirement, and employee assistance needs. For nearly 50 years, we have helped organizations support their financial security, well-being, and engagement of employees. From our outsourcing abilities through our call centers, to our technology platforms we deliver through SaaS, we aid companies to bring the best to their people.
With our nearly 4,000 employees across both the United State and Canada, we work together as our company's growth in both countries continues to exceed our expectations. We're always looking for talented professionals and strategic leaders who will listen and work together with colleagues and clients to form long-term relationships, and to deliver integrative solutions that fit.
As we continue to grow, we're presently engaging with exceptional candidates interested in a range of exciting career opportunities. At www.morneaushepell.com you can explore our careers page to learn more about the solutions we deliver and the great people who help us do it. Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter (Morneau_Shepell, Shepell).
To apply for this position please go to this posting on the careers page and apply with Morneau Shepell directly.